Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Welcome!

Welcome to my blog! After much internal debate about whether or not blogging is purely a “girly” thing to do, I’ve decided that, for whatever reason, I am confident in my own masculinity and might have a nugget of wisdom to share with the world. With that said, I’m clinging to the saying that “even a blind squirrel finds a nut every now and then”.

I’ve decided to call this blog “REEDer’s Digest”. I hope my spelling error will preclude me from any copyright infringement suits! At any rate, I kinda like the title. When I think of the actual publication of Reader’s Digest, I always think of it being the only book available in the doctor’s office, or probably more appropriate, the one book you grab when you feel that certain urge, and you know you’re going to be on the can for a while.

So let’s run with the toilet analogy! Most everyone that I know of who is a subscriber to the actual Reader’s Digest (most notably my father-in-law), only reads it while on the “throne” and after several minute of reading, they always come away with two things: their feet have fallen asleep, and they have managed to pull some random story or truism to share with others. I personally like the “drama in real life” section.

To be honest, I don’t really care if you fall asleep, because I’m really just writing this for me. And some of you might need something like this to help put you to sleep, so that could be a free service. Otherwise, if you come away with a nugget of wisdom that’s great, if you don’t then I can always use this as evidence in a trial to prove that I really don’t have any sense, and hopefully the jury will think that I’m just too stupid to be guilty!

On a side note, I told Angie that I was going to start a blog and call it “REEDer’s Digest”. I was a little confused when she rolled her eyes and brushed me off, only to find out that she thought I was going to call it “Breeder’s Digest”. Although it’s not a bad idea, I’m a little concerned that my wife just takes everything I say as a perverted remark, but she’s always relieved when that’s not the case!

1 comment: